I've received my first blog award! This Beautiful Blogger award came from Sandie at Chatty Crone.
Sandie is so sweet and she posts the funniest things! I've enjoyed getting to know her better through our e-mail chats. :)
Here are the rules:
1. Say something nice about the person who gave you the award.
2. Copy and paste the picture.
3. Share ten things about yourself that people don't already know.
4. Pass the award on to ten other bloggers.
Well, here goes!
1. For the most part, I am a very quiet person. I like to listen and observe. I learn so much that way!
2. My favorite color is blue.
3. My husband says I am an excellent proofreader. Spelling was always my favorite subject. I have a little more trouble when it comes to punctuation and sentence structure.
4. I love music. I still have an autographed Carman ticket from when our church youth group went to his concert in Beckley, WV, in 1987!
5. I can say my ABCs backwards really fast!! When my grandma would visit, she would bunk with me. Lying there in the dark, she taught me how to do that. I have such sweet memories of her, she was very precious to me. I was nine years old when she passed away.
6. I love Italian food. Olive Garden is my favorite restaurant.
7. I am not a fancy person. My 'dream house' would be a little log cabin in the mountains, surrounded by pine trees, with a view of a beautiful lake!
8. I enjoy singing and playing the piano. My parents have an eight-track of me singing when I was two years old! My mom taught me how to play the piano. I also love to read. I have a book with me almost all the time.
9. I am terrified of spiders. I can handle the little ones, but that's about it. When I'm in the garage in the summer, I take a can of bug spray with me.
10. I have super sensitive hearing. I enjoy a good fireworks display, but I will be the one with my hands over my ears!! :)
These are the ten people I have chosen to receive this award! They are all followers of my blog, and I think they're just wonderful! Please do not feel like you have to participate. I'm sure a lot of you more seasoned bloggers have already done this a time or two. I just thought it was fun! :)
1. Katie (my daughter) at Katie's Journal
2. Lisa at Bombastic Bandicoot
3. Marcia at Blessed Mom's Simple Home
4. Angela at West Virginia Treasures
5. Bevy at Treasured Up and Pondered
6. Trish at Homemade Quilts by Granny
7. Trish at At Home Where My Heart Is
8. Sherry at The Journey Back
9. Debbie at Debbiedoos loves livin' in the Carolinas
10. Betty at A Corgi in Southern California
I hope you're all having a wonderful weekend. :)